Koolhaus Games is looking for an Art Director to contribute to the development of a variety of original and publisher generated games through green light, production and to market.
Art Director Responsibilities:
- Creates, develops and maintains an innovative artistic vision for the game
- Oversees the visual development of the game to completion
- Communicates the visual design and development of the project to all stakeholders
- Creates and maintains art documents including: Art Design, Art Specifications, Style Guides, Art Asset documents and others
- Coordinates and manages the activities of the art team to ensure timely completion and delivery of tasks
- Review of competitive products from an artistic perspective
- Exhibits leadership, motivation and direction to ensure timely delivery of high quality art assets
- Mentors, motivates and supports each artist to produce the highest quality work
- Conducts annual reviews of direct reports
- Develops strategies for the professional development of all art team members
- Must have shipped at least one major title as an Art Director or two or more major titles as a Lead Artist in the video game industry or in the feature film or television industry
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of art production including lighting, 2D & 3D, concept design, related software packages, etc..
- Knowledge and appreciation of a wide variety of game genres
- Leadership and management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all project members, senior management and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience managing large art teams and schedules
- Self motivated, positive problem solving, multi tasking skills