We are looking for a talented video game developer to help build the next generation of games at Koolhaus. In this role you will be responsible for coding the core game functionality, fixing bugs, and troubleshooting design issues. You may also be contributing to development of storylines, characters, levels, puzzles, and to defining the overall game concept.
To ensure success as a video game developer, you should have strong design skills, in-depth knowledge of coding practices and software, and the ability to work as part of a team. A top-class video game developer expertly translates the ideas of the design team into a virtual environment.
- Meeting with design team to discuss game concepts.
- Contributing to the overall game concept and storyline.
- Generating game scripts and storyboards.
- Translating design ideas into a functional game code.
- Coding the core functionality of the game.
- Developing game milestones and checkpoints.
- Troubleshooting code and fixing bugs.
- Creating game specifications and designing expansion packs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience with full-cycle software game development and design.
- Proficient with object-oriented programming languages,including at least one of C++,Java or C#
- Experience building libraries and APIs.
- Knowledge of the latest gaming trends.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to solve complex software and coding issues.
Reports to: Technical Project Manager.
Permanent full time position
Salary package includes: a competitive salary, benefits, revenue/royalty sharing and stock option package for the right person
Email your CV/Resume to Careers@koolhausgames.com