The role of the Technical Director is to lead, supervise and support a talented group of video game programmers emotionally, creatively, professionally and technically. You are not responsible for having all the answers but have the ability to nurture problem solving individually and/or collectively while keeping your team on track and focused.
Koolhaus has developed an industry wide reputation for having a strong technical team. We are looking for a talented Technical Director to not only maintain that reputation but to enhance it further.
The Technical Director’s role is flexible depending upon the requirements and needs of the technical team, project(s) and Koolhaus and include the following:
- Technical Direction & Problem Solving: Support a talented team of programmers in a positive always learning environment by providing a platform for various technical problem solving options and solutions. You are not responsible for all the answers but have a solid intuitive grasp of where the best and quickest solutions may lie.
- Training, Team Building & Leadership: In conjunction with the HR manager and Producer, building and nurturing a world class technical team including hiring, training, personal and professional development, team building and related areas.
- R & D: Drive and oversee Koolhaus’ R & D initiatives including Ai, Machine Learning, AR, etc. including R & D partnerships with universities.
- Project management: surrounding any and all technical areas including project & resource planning, budgeting, technical document and proposal writing and the management of any and all software utilized in the course of administration and development
- Communication: with and across all disciplines and stake holders (Clients, Management, Leads, Art/Design/Sound Teams, etc.)
- IT: oversee and manage the smooth operation of all matters concerning IT including internet networks, IP addresses, security, relationships with service providers, hardware including work station sourcing, assembly, maintenance & replacement, inventory tracking and yearly inventory audits and other related duties.
- Creative Contributions: including game design, game play and original game concept development.
- Other related duties as may be required from time to time
- This opportunity offers a unique position of influence regarding Koolhaus’ current and futurecompany direction.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Previous experience as a Senior or Lead Programmer or Technical Director
- At least 4 years of hands on programming using one or more object oriented programminglanguages such as C/C++, C#, Java, etc..
- Have shipped at least 2 video game titles
- Mobile, PC or console development experience a must
- Strong, proactive and positive person management skills
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project, Merlin, MS Excel, etc.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Eligible for or currently hold a Canadian Work Permit (CUSMA/NAFTA/other FTA’s)
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to – Producer
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package available for the right candidate
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your CV/Resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the pandemic, currently remote work is the norm. Thereafter, it is expected that all team members will be working at Koolhaus’ downtown office in Vancouver, B.C..