Koolhaus Games Inc. is seeking a Studio Manager to join our team to support the human resources and operational aspects of our operation.
As the Studio Manager, it is your mission to ensure that all team members are well supported in all relevant areas.
At the core of Koolhaus Games’ 15+ year success are talented, passionate people. Koolhaus prides itself on creating an equal opportunity, collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment for every team member. Whether it’s building award-winning, top charted apps and games or researching new technology, we are always seeking to stretch the envelope, while keeping a sharp eye on the optimum work – life balance equation.
This is a 3/5’ths full time position suitable for a semi-retired candidate or someone with a desire to work less than full time hours.
- Game development team support including Human Resources and Operations
- Human Resources – Duties include (approx. 70%):
- Initiate and oversee employee well-being programs including personal and professional growth initiatives.
- Support team managers in all HR aspects including recruiting, job fairs, performance and salary reviews.
- Oversee leadership and training programs and other similar duties.
- Operations – Duties Include (approx. 30%):
- Oversee and support services to all development teams in the studio,
- Meet operational goals in providing a comfortable, creative and fun working environment,
- Landlord relationships, supply chain management and other similar duties.
- Manage changing priorities and implement plans (staffing, space planning, etc.) to meet business and project needs.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management
- Strong knowledge of immigration, workplace legislation and employment related laws and regulations
- Strong people communication and leadership skills.
- Quick thinking, agile, flexible, positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with company management, production leads, development teams and stake holders.
- Business-driven with commitment to invest into the success of the company.
- Pragmatic and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems.
- Efficient with your and other’s time, and always striving to learn and improve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and multi-tasking skills.
- Solid experience with MS Office applications i.e. MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Previous work experience in video games or high tech an asset.
Reports to: Pres./CEO
Term: 3/5th’s permanent full time
Compensation: Competitive base salary, extended medical, revenue sharing and stock options
Koolhaus Games Inc. is an equal opportunity and diverse company. Koolhaus is the longest established independent game development company in Vancouver, Canada, established in 2005