Koolhaus Games, founded in 2005, is the longest established independent app and video game development studio in Vancouver.
With 22 successive releases achieving 8/10+ critical reviews, including 6 number 1’s and 11 titles receiving top 10 chart status, you will be part of a highly innovative team of game designers that continually strive to achieve both critical and commercial success in our games.
If you have a passion for games, are looking for a creative environment where diversity, variety in your work, equal opportunity and personal and professional growth are at the forefront, while keeping reasonable hours, we look forward to receiving your CV.
VIDEO GAME DESIGNER JOB DESCRIPTION
ROLE – The primary function of the Video Game Designer is to be a part of and contribute to a talented team of game designers to consistently deliver projects that are creatively and commercially successful.
- Solid understanding of core and F2P game mechanics
- Appreciation and understanding of a wide variety of game genres
- Stays up to date with the current state of the game industry
- Highly knowledgeable of current best reviewed and best selling games
- Solid understanding of the creative process
- Ability to effectively communicate game design concepts to the design and other teams
- Support and endorse a team approach to creativity and innovation
- Work on a variety of game genres and platforms (casual to mid core & mobile/PC/Console)
- Work independently and within a team concept
- Enjoy a variety of game design tasks (core mechanic, level, UI/UX, balancing, acquisition/retention/monetization (ARM), testing, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of current ARM mechanics
- Strong knowledge of software, art and sound development processes
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality games that make a difference
- Strong research skills
- Excellent documentation skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Open and receptive to feedback
- Experience communicating across disciplines (art, sound, tech)
- College or university diploma, certificate or degree or equivalent experience in video game design
- Must complete our entry creative test
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package available for the right candidate
Reports to: Lead Game Designer
Job Type: Permanent full-time
How To Apply: Please email your CV/Resume with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until the conclusion of the pandemic, as determined by BC Health, remote work is the norm. Thereafter, it is expected that all team members will be working at Koolhaus’ downtown office in Vancouver, B.C..